Wednesday, May 1, 2013


April 30, 2013 – 2nd Entry
Tuesday – DAY 2

Today was wonderful. I felt great, energetic and happy. It helped that spring finally came and we took the weatherizing cover off the screen door. I kept the door open so I could enjoy all of the smells and sounds of early spring.  It was so relaxing, juicing and listening to the birds on the lake. I love my backyard!




I am enjoying the fast, but looking forward to the end. It just takes so much produce, time and energy. Juicing for one person is intense, but one person juicing for three people is a full time job. Here is how much produce it takes to juice just for one day.









I think the juices have such vibrant color, don't you? 











My brother would laugh at my feminine appreciation for appearance in spite of substance; namely the less than pleasant taste of some of the juices.






My older brother and his family came over for dinner. Since my brother, my mother and I are juicing, we suffered while everyone else enjoyed generous helpings of puttanesca. My little nephew Preston wasn’t feeling so well, poor baby, but ohhh he was so cute. Mere and I sang him all of our favorite little kid Christian songs to make him feel better. I could just eat him up! I never get enough of him.

I wasn’t hungry, but I just wanted real food. I chewed some ice and it was amazing! I know! That was one of several high points today. It is amazing how small things come into focus when you give up eating. I felt ecstatic about just chewing.



The best thing to happen today (other than seeing my adorable Preston) was the detox bath. It was truly amazing. Hot water, Epsom salts, and peppermint oil. I haven’t felt that good in a long time. It was so deeply soothing; like drinking a cup of tea, but much more relaxing.
I also got in some piano playing. Playing music always relaxes me, whether it is the flute or the piano. I just learned a new song that I really enjoy playing. It’s called “Song for Sara.”

Day 2 was wonderful and ended with a lovely sunset over the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment