Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My kitchen co-workers!



It is time to write again. It has been to long since I last wrote. So many things happen every day that I get behind if I don’t write every day. But since I cannot write every day, I just get behind. So today was an interesting day. My good friend Lydia Floor left today, not 5 hours ago. I am so sad, I am already missing her so much. She is such a sweetheart and I am so glad I got to meet her. I will continue to pray for her and stay in touch with her. Maybe I will visit her in South Africa. I have to go to South Africa now, and Cameroon. I have such good friends there, now I have an awesome excuse to visit them. 

The youth meeting was great tonight. I was so gripped to give up everything in my life, to hate my life with all of my heart so that I will gain everlasting life. I will NOT love my life to the death. Jeg vil kjempe, jeg vil seire, jeg vil ikke falle! That is the cry of my heart. I know the Lord hears my prayers and I know He gives grace and power to overcome. I am filled with faith and I will let nothing take it from me. I will not give in to my lusts, my will, my feelings. Thank you God, for this wonderful Gospel, and this wonderful living faith in the Gospel.

After the youth meeting, we had “Verdens beste kake”, which, I can assure you, is NOT the worlds best cake. But it isn’t bad, it just doesn’t live up to its lofty name. Then we sang songs for several hours. Total fun. Marthe is so hilarious, I love that she never gets sick of singing and playing the piano. I never get sick of music either, so we are a perfect pair. I played the flute and Jaane, Anne Marie, Becky and some other girls sang.We could have gone on for hours if we didn't have to sleep or work the next day.

Night of the NINJA!
This past Sunday night we had a kitchen party. Lydia made waffles, and we had smores (without proper graham crackers) and chocolate and whipped cream and jam. We played Ninja, and 4 on a couch, and Mafia. All very funny. The next day was Monday, Lydia’s last day in the kitchen. So, we creamed her and soaked her to get her back for starting the water fight on the Friday before (she soaked Karen and I). It was so hilarious, but then she pied me back. I was totally not expecting it.

Lydia and I after being creamed.


In other news, Miroslava came back from Russia today. It was so nice to see her. Unfortunately, she won’t be here for too long either. She leaves to live in Oslo. I will miss her too. I hate all of these goodbyes. Another surprise, I saw Deborah Lescow again today, she and two other German girls came through before heading to Pagedal in Holland. I'm glad I got to sit and eat with them one more time.







Me, just after being creamed
It looks like I will be involved in the work parties this weekend. So I better be ready to work. I am kind of scared. It will be so different from kitchen. Well, it is Thursday morning and I am cook today at 10am so I should be getting to bed.




Alison pretending to be a really mean boss. Nice try Alison, but we all know how sweet you really are! lol!

2 comments:

  1. What work parties are they having this weekend? How do you like being cook?? :D Do you not love having a well-stocked fridge and freezer that you can just go get what you need from?? I love that you're having fun in the kitchen!! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you understand...MORE than understand! We are painting huts. I painted today. It was so much fun...the first time I had worked outside of the kitchen since starting 4 weeks ago. I totally loved it. I think I will get to do it again Sunday. I can't tomorrow because I am cook. Yes, I like being cook. I have been ~8 times now. The only thing is, I wish I had a bit more flexibility to be creative. Everyone always complains that the food is always the same. I'd love to change it up a bit, and I don't think Naomi would mind, but the other cooks seem to like sticking to the recipe. Maybe in the future I'll get a chance to. Are you going to Victory this weekend? Love talking to you :-D Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete