Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bon Voyage again, next stop....Netherlands!

 
At the airport!

First dinner on U.S. soil in 7 months.
Scott and Laura's wedding was wonderful. I had such an amazing time in Salem. I was so happy to see mommy, Ryan, aunt Rose, and Scott, and to finally meet Laura in person. She is such an great girl and I am so happy for the two of them.


Family Breakfast




The week before the wedding was full meeting everyone and getting ready for the wedding. There wasn't really any free time, but it was great. We landed on Sunday and right away had dinner with just Scott, Laura, and our family; then went to Laura's shower and met many of the sister's from Salem. I really enjoyed it.




Even when we leave Hus 33 kitchen we can't stop cooking!










Together again!

Wedding rehearsal. Lovely flower girls :-)



Later that week we had breakfast with Scott and Laura and an evening at Laura's family's house where we met all of her family. Her nieces and nephews were so adorable. It was so nice staying with Anna and I can't wait to go back and visit soon after I return to the U.S.







Day with Laura's Family = Lots of fun!!





Evening with the family!




Nature walk anyone?



 Cut to me...biting my nails hoping no one falls in the stream. It was moving pretty swiftly!




Mommy, doing something creative...as usual
Laura and her niece Claire



A swing inside? Definitely a good idea!

Wedding Day! At last!




Then it was time to say goodbye to old friends again and head back to Brunstad. It went by too fast. I have to say, that while I am loving my time on Alag, I am also excited to go back home in December and be with my family again.

Meanwhile....back at the ranch.


So now we've been back at Brunstad for a few weeks. We missed most of the hockey tourney and volleyball tourney, but we did get to experience the Easter conference. There were many from North America here and some to them ate at house 33. It was wonderful to see the Connecticut girls, Susan and Esther from Salem, and a couple of Canadian girls.

Now we are getting ready to leave for Pagedal...5 am tomorrow morning. We have to pack breakfast and lunch for 130 people tonight. Ohhhh! Fun, right? I don't anticipate much sleep, but I can do that on the bus. Luckily we pre-baked the muffins and the dough for the cookies is already made. All we have to do is pop them in the oven! Well, I should really be getting back to work now. But I had to update. If I wait until I "have free time" it will never get updated. I hope to update soon and let you know how the trip goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment