Thursday, August 4, 2011

6 Dager - VICTORY FAMILY WEEK

 
Enjoy some music as you browse my pictures!


The countdown is fast coming to completion! I am too happy to express in words right now. God, Why do you love me so much? Why do you continue to strive with me? It took this long for me to actually realize, in truth and reality that I am REALLY nothing!! And Why, Oh why have you given me so many friends that have the same faith and hope that I have. I am overwhelmed with happiness.

Yet again, I have to do this quickly because I have calls to make, things to purchase for the trip, and details to attend to. However, I need to get this out while its still fresh.





Family week was amazing! Apparently sleep and family week are completely discordant entities, they don't go together at all. I think I went to bed before 3 a.m. on only one night, but it was all worth it.

Mere, Ryan and I drove through the night and arrived at Victory at 7 am. The first day I spent catching up with some sleep and then with some friends I had not seen in a bit. The Youth Meeting that evening was just what I needed to hear. I was strengthened to be finished with all superficiality and live before GOD alone. I am through with being stressed about things that mean ABSOLUTELY nothing. The meeting ended with prayer and song.



Rachel and Renee working Coffee Bar with me at John's Corner
Working Coffee Bar was so fun that I did it three times! It was a great way to see everyone, since so many people came by to order. It was blistering hot outside, we had plenty of customer's wanting frozen drinks.



I just decided to fool around a bit on the piano while waiting to start a shift on Coffee Bar.
 The Infamous Outdoor Challenge (OC) took place on Sunday, in which the teams from seven local churches competed. Their stamina, endurance, and taste for disgusting edibles were tested as they went to 6 stations around the grounds. This year, the eating challenge was slimy fermented soy beans and veggie mate. Let's just say, there vomiting involved. Yuck!! But, whether they were being pelted with high velocity paint balls, rolling over-sized tires up hill, or eating gross food, they kept at it. Detroit's team (plus James Lenk from Urbana) ended in 5th. 




Paintball was painful, as usual.










Ottawa and Connecticut battled it out as the top two final teams in the OC. Everyone held waited for a terrible moment after a team member from the Ottawa team fell several feet from the climbing robe in the one of the final challenges. He ended up being okay. In the end, Connecticut took home the $2,000 prize for their youth group.
 The children had a parade on Monday with banners and signs. The theme was God's Wondrous Laws. Renee, Rachel, Arielle and I made a midnight run to the store for markers and paper. Then Arielle and I had an interesting time staying up until 2 a.m. Monday morning making the poster. Then back up at  8 a.m. to make the signs and see the parade. It was fun, though exhausting, and the kids really enjoyed the parade.
Corinna!

Joshua and Madeya enjoying the parade

Maya




Delaware did a wonderful musical production about Moses, complete with a burning bush. The songs are still stuck in my head.  I kept singing "Oh Egypt, O Egypt land diviiiiine!" and "Let us goooo!" on the way home. Very catchy songs and lovely singing by my good friends from Delaware. It was obvious that a lot of work went into it.
Christian as Moses
Moses speaking to the Israelites
Pharaoh and the Prince


















Tuesday was Children's Day, with the theme of a Medieval Times Festival. There were around 15 stations with games and the kids were lead by knights and squires from station to station. With live animals, castle building, plague tag (hilarious), and refreshments at Ye Olde Grill, the day was a great success.


My Little Brother Ryan a leading his group around as a templar knight




Aunt Rose helping the kids make jewelry

 Jackie!


 Meredith and Arielle, putting up their station, which was ladder ball and bean toss.
Rose, Linda S. and Linda R. (mommy)




Aaron as a knight. Hmph! lol!
Me, trying to get 8 kids in line to play ladder ball.
My little sis Meredith and Lizzy




















To end it, I went to a campfire with several friends, mostly from Delaware, at Joe Kramer's campsite. After tons of funny stories and a late night (or early morning) meal of ramen noodles around the fire, it was finally time to say goodbye. I don't like goodbyes. So at 3 a.m. Wednesday morning I went to bed and said goodbye to the 2011 Family Week. Goodbye VICTORY! Lord willing I will see you next year in the Fall!

Mary :-)



Mary and Liz
Lizzy and Me, wow! I am fake smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment